Wednesday, August 14, 2013

UX for Lean Startups required reading

UX for Lean Startups: Faster, Smarter User Experience Research and DesignUX for Lean Startups: Faster, Smarter User Experience Research and Design by Laura Klein
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved Laura's book.  As I read it I kept on putting it down thinking "I need to put this down and go follow her advice IMMEDIATELY" and then I would pick it up because I wanted to learn more and hear more of her voice.   Since I know Laura I could hear her voice advising, explaining, and gently mocking commonly-held falsehoods.  The tone combines with the topic matter to break down pre-conceptions, to convince and teach.

Laura's advice is incredibly practical. Having just been through a startup I could immediately see what I could have applied, and working with other startups now I do get an opportunity to apply more ideas.  Many ideas are only obvious in retrospect (like testing fake features when you're operating on a shoestring budget) and then even once the idea is obvious, there's great advice for making the most of the idea.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Blog Archive

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.