Thursday, July 18, 2002

Tech Central Station has an article today on wireless ubiquity. I am one of those who already takes it for granted. I am sitting in a large meeting room using wireless access to post this. However, what I am currently most grateful for is that the conference center did such a good job of putting power strips down every third row of chairs so I don't run out of battery juice - many conferences don't provide enough power outlets for geek groups like this one.

Power, network -- these are only two of the services provided free here. I also benefit from light, air conditioning (Tokyo is hot and muggy), snacks, water, and washroom facilities. These are all cheap services in the long run (except the snacks), and can all be included in the price of a venue rather than being charged separately. This is cool.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.