What you'll do
- Develop open source libraries or widgets for graphing and data visualization
- Build public service, community oriented Web site
- Be part of a small team or work nearly independently
- Develop with minimal guidance, using rapid iteration and feedback loop and with leeway in choices of tools.
- Borrow, create or collaborate on visual design and visual elements
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or cover letter and resume.
- Python or demonstrated ability to pick up languages
- MySQL or similar data management experience
- Great ability to extrapolate from raw ideas to realistic implementations.
- Demonstrated initiative pulling a project forward
- Some experience using graphics libraries
- Familiarity with Cleveland or Tufte principles would be a bonus
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Internships for CommerceNet this summer: I'll be the one hiring and managing. If we get a great proposal for a project from the right intern candidate, CommerceNet might simply hire that intern to work on that project. Otherwise, here's what I have in mind.
Posted by Lisa at 5:21 PM
- ► 2011 (15)
- I miss working closely with other developers; that...
- Internships for CommerceNet this summer: I'll be t...
- There is so much IETF work on email these days. T...
- One of my favourite tools for keeping on track is ...
- Although I'm mostly doing IETF stuff at IETF this ...
- Mike from work pointed me to EpiSpider, which does...
- ▼ March (6)
- ► 2007 (15)
- ► 2006 (34)
- ► 2005 (38)
- ► 2004 (65)
- ► 2003 (163)