Friday, November 12, 2004

A while back I posted on honesty in journalistic bias. This week TechCentralStation has a longer essay about why we might see more openness around bias and why that's a fine thing.

Being aware of bias is something I agree with, but I do worry about blinkered views of the world. Too many people reading some highly biased source will simply not read any opposing source, or do so with only mockery in mind. We've got plenty of polarization, thank-you. So my preferred model is journalists who say "Here is my natural bias, and here is me being as unbiased as I can be in covering this topic, through rigorous reasoning and discourse with others who disagree with me."

No comments:

Blog Archive

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.