- 1 cup half and half cream
- 1/4 cup grated fresh ginger root
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped to soft peaks
- 1 cup ginger ale or diet ginger ale
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup sugar or Splenda
- 1 T. lemon juice
Soak the grated ginger root in half and half cream. Put this and the ginger ale and whipping cream in the fridge to chill for an hour or so. Use a fine sieve to take the fresh ginger out of the cream. Stir the ginger-flavored cream together with the whipped cream, ginger ale, sugar/Splenda and lemon juice. Immediately put in your ice cream maker etc..
Mmm! I imagine for those who love ginger and can also eat sugar, candied ginger would be a nice addition to the recipe.