Another stab (like mine last spring) at why there seems to be a disproportionate fear for economics and economists: Arnold Kling puts forth a few possible reasons in his TCS article. He mentions the math barrier, but I still think that disliking the conclusions of economic thinking is one of the biggest reasons -- and can't be dealt with simply by teaching economics without math.
- ► 2011 (15)
- ► 2008 (53)
- ► 2007 (15)
- ► 2006 (34)
- ► 2005 (38)
- Via Who Throws a Shoe, I learn that Mel Brooks has...
- Another stab (like mine last spring) at why there ...
- Another knitting project completed: a fuzzy baby c...
- I can't resist exposing unintended consequences of...
- Open source and open standards This is part two...
- Open as in source, or Open as in process? A lon...
- The CalSch Working Group is being closed. I belie...
- ▼ September (7)
- ► 2003 (163)