- Peer-to-peer communication models, frameworks, toolkits: JXTA, Rendezvous, Howl and Jedi.
- Python libraries for WebDAV and IMAP support: Twisted and Python standard libraries
- Replication and synchronization: basic master/slave pattern, master/master pattern, RSync, RSync over HTTP, OceanStore, How to Select a Replication Protocol, the HTTP Distribution and Replication Protocol, HARP, State Replication Protocol, MoteFS, SyncML, problems in treating distributed data as if it were local (Notes on Distributed Computing), Coda (Disconnected Operations in a Distributed FS).
- How to do engineering task management: bug dbs, Project, Excel files, other...
- Good IDEs that support Python: boa constrictor, pyEclipse, pydev, TruStudio, Wing.
- Permissions solutions: WebDAV ACLs, IMAP ACLs, LDAP ACLs, NFS ACLs; Secure Interaction Design, Capabilities v. ACLs, WebDAV tickets (capabilities), Capability theory, Protecting Information,
Inspired by Ted and the people Ted linked to, I'm also thinking of putting together a post on influential software/CS papers. Maybe tomorrow.